Luxury barge cruises
Cruise the canal de Garonne aboard the luxury hotel barge Rosa. She is an old Dutch "Clipper" barge, cruising the Gascony Bordeaux in Southwest France. Come on board and we will make your cruise an unforgettable and unique experience, a true luxury barge vacation. Rosa offers comfortable en suite accommodation for up to 8 passengers.
Our Aquitaine cruises in the Gascony and Bordeaux regions
March to August
- Visit the renowned Château Bellevue la Fôret for a winery tour and tasting
- Cruise the 1,000 foot long Aqueduct
- Visit to Château de Goudourville and a tour of Auvillar
- Tour the medieval town and castle of Nérac
- Guided tour and private tasting at a renowned local Armagnac producer
August to November
- Tour of the famous Saint Emilion
- Visit the impressive Château de Duras
- Visit to the Bastide village of Vianne and ancient Barbaste
- Wine, cheese and Armagnac tastings
- Visits to the village of Le Mas d'Agenais and the colourful market of Marmande
- A cruise across one of the longest masonry aqueducts in France, which spans the River Garonne
Our cruise route
Rosa's cruise route features the best that Gascony has to offer, passing through a veritable palette of colours and scents created by orchards and vineyards. Visit historic fortified "bastides" and cruise by picturesque old villages and quaint farms. The cruise route also requires your captain to negotiate the amazing inclined water plane at Montech and the 1000-foot aqueduct over the River Tarn at Moissac.
Your tour guide will take you on daily excursions, to visit the attractions that define the area, a chance to envelop yourself in the art history and culture of the region. The tour guide's expertise is only matched by that of your master chef who, with his extraordinary meals, will help you explore the gastronomy, wine and other products typical of our region.
Food and wine
Rosa's itinerary includes tastings of foie gras, local fine wines and Armagnac, together with guided tours of the places where they are produced. Of course, as our cruises are near Bordeaux wine country, there will be plenty of opportunity to sample a part of France where good food and wine is a way of life.
- Rosa was featured on BBC TV
with celebrity chef Rick Stein
- River view
- Rosa leaving lock
- Gascony sunflowers
- Moissac tarn river
- Local market